Saturday, January 22, 2011

Wreaths

I made very few wreaths this year. The top wreath pictured was actually just a freshen up job on a cherry wood wreath I made last year. I gave it a day at the spa with an all natural, herbal based insecticide/ fungicide and made a fresh bough of fir, cedar, heavily berried juniper, pine cones and of course a new bow. The bottom photo is of a wreath I ended up loving so much that it still decorates my front entry. Everything on it is from our property. Fir, cedar, blue spruce, and the branches are actually Japanese Maple. I know most would cringe at cutting Japanese Maple, but mine needs a serious haircut, so it's okay. ;) Of course I decorated it a bit more before hanging it, but I liked it just like this too. What do you think?




No comments:

Post a Comment