Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Dandy lions!


My place looks like a dandelion farm right now. Instead of getting frustrated and pouring poison into the soil, I'm just going to embrace it. My daughter and I went out today armed with butter knifes and a cardboard box and popped quite a few of them out of the ground. Tonight I am making dandelion tea and I'm thinking about trying out a bath tea. Dandelions have excellent health benefits, mostly associated with purification. In fact, in early America both dandelions and clover were desirable in lawns. Read more here, here, and here about how beneficial these pesky little 'gifts' are. As always, please don't pour poison into the soil. I understand not wanting a yard spotted with yellow flowers, so check this out for safe alternatives to 'weed' control.

No comments:

Post a Comment