Friday, April 16, 2010

Color therapy


Color therapy, or chromo therapy, has been used for thousands of years in holistic healing. In design school, I studied how colors can help to calm, inspire and even invoke passion in a person. My favorite color of all time is green. I chose it when I was 3 because it was 'the color of trees.' Green can be both calming and inspiring, depending on the shade. Is this why we feel so good with a beautiful bunch of flowers around us? Are the colors actually doing something to our physique? I'll go on a limb and say yes, I'm sure the infusion of color is always helpful. Right now I'm loving purple, which is linked to deep joy, inspiration and creativity. Go figure. ;) Check out a fun article I found on divavillage.com about color therapy. When you're ordering your next bouquet, think about the feeling you would like to invoke with it, and choose your color palette accordingly.

No comments:

Post a Comment